Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Glaciers are melting fastest in 5000 years

Firstly I want to say is that this month, I received more than 400 visitors and counting. So thank you all of you out there I really appreciate it. I also want to apologize because i put the video section however i cud not provide any links to my videos. My connection is nothing great but i will try my level best to upload the videos and provide a link.

Now back to the current problem.

Mountain glaciers are melting faster now than at any time in the past 5000 years. Sample of ice cores taken from mountians as far apart from the Andes in South America to the Himalayas in Asia. The cores revealed the extent of climate change and how must of the world's glacier's retreated .

Scientists have warned that human activities has nudged the global climate over the past 100 years. Why? Well the on going melting not only is going to effect the rise in water-level but also the supply of fresh drinking waterin many of the world's populated areas.

No comments: